This week we celebrated Agents Giving Day, the annual charity drive organised by the UK’s biggest property industry charity, Agents Giving.
It’s always inspiring to see people in our industry giving back to their communities, not least because of our own philanthropic roots. PayProp supports and shares resources with the GivenGain Foundation, a global non-profit fundraising platform that enables individuals and businesses to support their favourite charities anywhere in the world.
As usual, this month’s Rent Report e-mailed to subscribers was filled with the most exciting stories about the lettings and social housing industry.
- In our lead article, we look at the impact of the stamp duty holiday, and ask what will happen to the property industry now that it is coming to an end.
- In our second story, a new survey has revealed how much landlords spend on renovations. Where is the money going, and how can agents help their clients to direct future spend wisely?
- UK short-term let providers are looking forward to a long, hot summer. In our third story, we look at how the staycation boom is reviving holiday rentals.
- It’s back to tax for our fourth story. The Office for Tax Simplification is looking into moving the end of the tax year, with some implications for agents.
- In story number five, new environmental rules mean that halogen lightbulbs will soon vanish from shelves – and agents can make sure that their landlords aren’t left in the dark (as well as tenants, more literally).
- Lastly, we talk in more detail about Agents Giving’s massive charity event, and share some ways you and your agency can make a difference too.
For all our latest analysis, download the June 2021 issue of the PayProp Rent Report today and subscribe to get future issues delivered to your inbox every month.